September expiration has come and gone... and I've been left drifting aimlessly in it's wake.
Here are a list of option spreads that I either lost money in, or took profits WAY too soon. All of these spread expired OUT OF THE MONEY! So it begs the question, would I have been better off holding these plays to the end?
The answer - a RESOUNDING YES!
1) SPY 193/192 put spread ($10 LOSS instead of a $380 profit)
2) IWM 113/111 put spread ($90 gain instead of a $560 profit)
3) GM 33/32 put spread ($220 gain instead of a $390 profit) - Actually played that one well
4) WFM 39/37 put spread ($200 gain instead of a $1,680 profit)
5) WFM 38/37 put spread ($330 LOSS instead of a $130 gain) - This play wouldn't have existed had I held #4
6) DE 82.50/81 put spread ($140 LOSS instead of a $130 profit)
7) XOM 96/95 put spread ($330 LOSS instead of a $120 profit)
8) AAPL 93/90 put spread ($25 gain instead of a $113 profit)
You do the math!